Wiązownica Duża ("Large Wiązownica") is a rather populous village in the Municipality of Staszów. It lies 14 kilometres east of Staszów. Wiązownica belonged to the Commune of Osiek in years 1867-1954; during that period, it was divided into several colonies. It was annexed into the newly-formed Municipality of Staszów on January 1st 1973.
Wiązownica Duża has its own elementary school, kindergarten, and a bakery. The Kacanka river passes through the village.
Local legend claims there were lots of snakes living all around the village. The Polish word for snake is "wąż", plural form "węże". Hence the village's original name – "Wężownica", which can be roughly translated to "The place of many snakes". After those snakes went extinct, the name became irrelevant. Due to a prevalence of elm trees ("wiąz" in Polish) in the village's vicinity, it was renamed to Wiązownica.
First Catholic church in Wiązownica Duża was mentioned in records as early as 1257. Subsequent mentions of a church are dated at the year 1470.
By the end of 1999 there were 755 people residing in Wiązownica Duża, in 2006 – 729 residents, in 2012 – 717 residents, and by the end of 2015 there were 723 people living there.