A small village near Kurozwęki whose name comes from a small creek flowing through its center. The Ponik creek disappears underground in Bełch and resurfaces again in Kurozwęki.
In the 15th century Ponik was property of Piotr Lubelczyk, the count of Różyce. Since 1508 Ponik and Kurozwęki were both owned by Hieronymus of Kurozwęki. Records from 1827 list 11 houses and 111 villagers in Ponik.
By the end of 1999 there were 146 residents in Ponik, in 2006 – 144 people, in 2012 – 151 people, and towards the end of 2015 there were 148 residents living there.