A village in the Municipality of Staszów. It was first mentioned by medieval chronicler Jan Długosz as "Nyemsczice". By the 16th century the name had transformed into "Niemsczice". The village's name comes from a given name – Niemsta. After the 16th century it was briefly called "Niemście-Zaraś", which derives from the Polish word "zaraza" meaning "epidemic" – referencing a local outbreak. Understandably, that version of the name did not last long and it was quickly transformed into its current form: Niemścice.
In 1827 Niemścice had 9 households, with 71 people residing there. It was part of Łubnice goods.
During World War II, numerous horrible battles between Russian and German forces took place in Niemścice's vicinity. On 12th of August 1944 the 16th Panzer division of German tanks assaulted Staszów, resulting in a crushing defeat of defending troops and destruction of 14 state-of-the-art tanks.
By the end of 1999 there were 235 residents in Niemścice, in 2006 – 238 people, in 2012 – 243 people, and towards the end of 2015 there were 244 residents living there.