A village located on the Staszów-Opatów route. Its name means "little bridges" and it's probably derived from the bridge on Kacanka river in the village.
Earliest written mentions of Mostki can be found in documents from the 17th century; it beloged to Krzysztof Bogoria Podłęski at the time, the founder of nearby town Bogoria. Mostki has always been a very economically active village, thanks to its several manufacturing facilities. Mostki used to be divided into several parts: Mostki watermill, Mostki colonies, Mostki paper mill and the main village. It used to belong to Wiśniowa commune at the time.
During the latter half of 19th century Mostki had 20 houses and 182 villagers. In 1870 Bogoria was no longer the owner of Mostki.
By the end of 1999 Mostki had 213 inhabitants, in 2006 – 197 residents, in 2012 – 232 residents, and by the end of 2015 there were 255 people living there.