1946 - 1989
Staszów entered the post-war period having suffered horrible losses, both to its economy and its population. The town market square was utterly devastated, with frightening ruins of bombed tenement houses and a collapsed Town Hall roof. Out of 9706 residents before the war, only 4500 were still alive in March of 1945. Most of those losses were due to the Nazis' extermination of Staszów's Jewish community. Staszów had to recover from the horrors of war.
In February 1945, another town authorities election was held. Andrzej Ścisło became the mayor, with Stefan Kopeć becoming deputy mayor. Staszów belonged to Sandomierz County and Kieleckie Province at the time.
In spring of 1945 an Agricultural-Commercial Cooperative and "Lech" Shoemaker Cooperative were founded. In April elementary schools of Staszów resumed their operations. Józef Miczulis became the principal of elementary school no. 1 with Stanisław Wdowiak becoming the principal of school no. 2. A middle school was transferred from Połaniec into Staszów, which became state-owned in November and started acting as the Public Coeducational Middle School and High School. The Voluntary Fire Brigade was reactivated with Wiktor Krauze as its head. At the end of 1945, Sports Association called "Przyczółek" was created; in the sixties the Association was renamed to "Pogoń" Sports Club, and it still functions under that name to this day.
A Municipal Cooperative "Samopomoc Chłopska ("Peasants' Self-help") – Staszów" was founded in Spring of 1946. The "Lutnia" choir also resumed its activities that year.
The citizens' main occupations were trade and small crafts, as had persisted through the ages in Staszów. At the beginning of 1948 Staszów had 120 private stores; however, in the following years their numbers were in a steady decline. The communization of production and elimination of private businesses in 1950 had led to a stagnation in Staszów's life.
In the early fifties numerous new institutions were formed in the town. The State Forests Region, District Dairy Cooperative, Metalworkers Cooperative "Wumet", and a Vocational School which was placed in the former barracks of Russian Empire's dragoons.
In 1954 as result of the Administrative Reform of Poland, Staszów became capital of its own county. A County National Council was formed with Jan Kordula as its chairman. The creation of a new office had somewhat revived the town and slightly moved its development forward. In 1955 a number of other institutions were created: a Pedagogical Library, a County Emergency Ambulance Service, and a Leatherworking Cooperative "Zryw". In spring of 1957 the County Public Prosecutor's Office was founded, and in May the Guild of Various Crafts was reinstated. In 1958 Stanisław Uba became the chairman of County National Council's Presidium. In July of the same year the Clothing Factory „Modar” was founded, and towards the end of that year a new veterinary clinic was put into operation.
In August of 1959 the Municipal Services Department was established. Also that year, the Town National Council adopted a resolution to give Staszów its own coat of arms. The noble coat of arms of Łaski family – the "Korab" – was chosen. It remains the Staszów coat of arms to this day.
In 1960, Economical Technical School was opened; its office was in the General Education High School. Józef Dyk was the principal of both schools.
In 1961 Staszów had nearly 6000 residents. Almost 2500 of them were working in industry, commerce, service establishments and agriculture. The town was still suffering from a lack of waterworks and sewerage systems. Most of Staszów's residents obtained their water from a so-called "water mill channel".
In October 1962 the Disabled Cooperative "Jedność" ("Unity") of Staszów started its operations. In February of 1962, town's cultural life was focused in the District Cultural Center which was located in the Fire Brigade building. The Land of Staszów Enthusiasts Society, relating its name and activities to local pre-war cultural traditions, was founded in the same year.
The discovery of sulphur deposits in nearby Grzybów and the establishment of sulphur mines in 1966 were major events, which tremendously accelerated economical growth of both Grzybów and Staszów. The residents' living conditions started improving. After 1966 many of Staszów's roads were renovated, the market square was rebuilt, waterworks and sewerage systems were finally implemented. "Budomont" Construction Cooperative, Energy District, and Housing Cooperative were founded, and along with them new housing estates were built. In 1967 a County Culture Center was established – Antoni Drozd became its director. In October 1969 a new building of Elementary School no. 2 was put into operation. In January 1970 a branch of PKS (Polish Public
Bus Company) was created in Staszów. Its bus station was initially located at the Market Square, but was soon relocated to a square at Świerczewskiego St. Later on, due to high demand and more machinery, a new bus terminal was opened in 1980. In Octobter 1970 a state-of-the-art Community Health Center was opened at Wschodnia St. In spring of 1971 a postal office and a movie theater were opened. They are both located at Krakowska St., and the movie theater has been built in place of a former East Orthodox Church. In January 1972, "Vistula" Clothing Manufacture was opened. In 1975 a modern hospital was built in the Golejów section, which employed nearly 50 physicians and over 300 other personnel.
Another administrative reform of Poland took place in 1975. As its result Staszów was no longer a county capital and became part of newly-formed Tarnobrzeskie province, in which it ranked as the 4th largest municipality. In October 1976 Staszów reached a new population milestone: 11000 residents. In 1977 Władysław Szeliga was nominated the Head of Town and Municipality. In the same year the Teachers' Choir, led by Michał Żal, was founded. Public Road Directorate of Staszów was created in 1978.
In May of 1981, Staszów Cultural Society was founded by Maciej Zarębski, Adam Bień, Antoni Drozd, Michał Skorupski and Eugeniusz Ciepiela. In August of 1982 construction of new Holy Spirit Church began, primarily thanks to the efforts of priest Henryk Kozakiewicz. In April of 1984 the Town Hall was renovated, and the first multi-family residential building was opened for residents at the "Wschód" ("East") housing estate. That year Staszów had as many as 14,6 thousand inhabitants. On September 1, 1986 a new building of Elementary School No. 1 at Wysoka St. was put into operation. The school received a banner and a historic patron – Tadeusz Kościuszko. In October of 1986 Henryk Albera became the Head of Town and Municipality. The first Polish Esperanto Days in Staszów took place in May of 1987. In 1989 Staszów's School No. 1 celebrated the 50th anniversary of undercover education programs in Sandomierz region.. Also in 1989, construction of a new church at the "Wschód" housing estate started. This church was dedicated to St. Barbara.
Dariusz Kubalski Ph.D.
English translation by Michał Mróz
 A. Drozd, Staszowskie Towarzystwo Kulturalne kontynuatorem ambitnej działalności Klubu Miłośników Ziemi Staszowskiej,/w:/Almanach Staszowski 1982, Staszów 1982, p. 209-211
 A. Bazak, Kościół pod wezwaniem Ducha Świętego w Staszowie…, p. 41-42
 A. Kowalczewska, Ocalić od zapomnienia, Staszów 2000, p. 14-15