Transfiguration of Jesus Church in Wiśniowa
This stone church, located in Wiśniowa, was ceremoniously consecrated by Bishop Mikołaj Oborski on November 15, 1681. It used to belong to the Kiełczyn parish at that time. Wiśniowa became its own parish on July 10, 1810, thanks to the efforts of Eustachy Kołłątaj – heir of Wiśniowa.
The church is built on a square plane, with the addition of a narrow, apse-shaped sanctuary with no windows. The church's sacristry encircles that sanctuary. The heart of Hugo Kołłątaj rests inside one of the sanctuary's walls, beneath a memorial plaque.
There are four stained glass windows In the church's aisle and one more such window above the choir. The church's roof is wooden and plastered. Main entrance is located to the west. Southern wall of the church has a Baroque entrance from the 18th century. The church's main altar is made of stone and it depicts Apostles Peter and Paul, between four columns. The altar's painting of Transfiguration of Jesus is mobile to a degree. The tabernacle is made of metal and belaid with marble plates. In the aisle there are two secondary altars made of Kielce marble, with paintings of Virgin Mary and Child with St. John the Baptist, and a replica of the Black Madonna of Częstochowa.
The parish of Wiśniowa’s records date back to 1838.